Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clocks, clocks and more clocks.


Just in at THE WATCHERY: CLOCKS. Wall Clocks, Desk Clocks, Mantle Clocks and Table Clocks.

I have just ordered a clock at THE WATCHERY to replace my terribly moody wall clock hanging in reverence above my front door. My troublesome "soon to be replaced" wall clock is huge. The numerals and hands are black against a white dial. It is the perfect clock in the perfect place keeping track in perfect atomic time ... well almost. My clock is always two hours ahead. It all happened as a result of Daylight Savings time. I woke up on Sunday morning, and headed to the vicinity of my front door. A frenzied movement caught my eye, and I saw the exhausted hands of the clock spinning at a furious rate, round and round the dial. I left to do some chores and when I got back the poor clock was still frantically finding its place in time. I removed the batteries and hoped my clock's troubles were over. The hands of the clock came to a sudden stop and relaxed at an awkward 4:20 position. I changed the batteries and replaced the clock above my front door. In an instant the furious spinning began again. I chose to ignore the issue. For two days and two nights the hands on the clock spun. Finally on the Tuesday morning I awoke to find the second hand marking the seconds in slow pleasant ticks. The hour and minute hands were completely still except ,of course, the clock was two hours ahead. Funny thing is, and correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure about this, there is no solid piece of land two hours ahead of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States. So what on earth is my clock up too.

Seth Thomas Antique PocketwatchStyle Wall or Table Clock TSI001340

Luckily THE WATCHERY has started carrying clocks. Excellent quality American Clocks that keep precise time and contain no "two hour ahead funny business" THE WATCHERY clocks are Genuine Seth Thomas Clocks. A company that has been creating clocks since 1813 and is America's oldest clock maker. To introduce this wonderful collection of clocks and in celebration of Father's Day, THE WATCHERY is giving away a free clock or watch for almost every Father's Day gift purchased at THE WATCHERY. Father's Day is right around the corner and THE WATCHERY has the perfect gift.

My package from THE WATCHERY will arrive very soon, and what will I do with my faithful "two hour ahead" clock. I dare not throw it away. I think I will place it above the back door.