Monday, November 1, 2010

Raymond Weil RW Sport Black and Red Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch
ONLY $645 (46% off MSRP price)

A couple days ago I was at a dinner party. The set up was buffet style so you had a lot of hands reaching for the meat balls and sushi and stir fried vegetables. Anyway, while I was reaching for a particular delectable and colorful piece of sushi, a hand reached out and snapped it up. My fault I was distracted ,you see, by the watch around the wrist of said hand. In my mind the flash of red, black and steel was absolutely mesmerizing.
"Which watch are you wearing?" I said seeing only a quick flash of color whiz by.
I suppose I could have been more cordial and first introduced myself, but it was a large dinner party with many people and the thought of losing sight of the watch owner and never ever learning what watch I had seen, terrified me.
Now you must understand this all happened in the briefest of moments when instincts take over all sense of reason.

"Oh!" said a startled but pleasant enough voice, "My watch?"

I looked up and peered at a well dressed young man, "Yes!" I said almost licking my lips in anticipation of make, collection, features and hopefully type of movement and exact number of parts.

"It's a Raymond Weil Sports Watch?", he said lifting a starched dove gray cuff.

"The rubber strap makes it extremely comfortably," he said undoing the fold over clasp.
He handed the watch to me for better inspection.

"Mmm. Large round polished and brushed stainless steel case," I said, "you know I love the usage of red and black engraving on the dial. Very striking."

"The sub dial is for the seconds," he said and I nodded.

" I see the crown and case back are screw-down, which enhances water resistance to 200 meters. Very nice," I said, "Very nice."

The young man smiled broadly and said, " Guess how much I paid for it?"

"Around 800 bucks?"

"Nope! Not even close!"

"$1000?"

"No less!" he said, his smile growing even wider, "$645.00."

"Wow! I am impressed. That really is a bargain"

"and it's 100% genuine! " he said

"Yes! I see that"

"My friends couldn't believe the price I paid for this baby."

"If you don't mind me asking, from where did you get such a deal?" I said

"THE WATCHERY!", he said, " This watch was 46% off the MRSP and they have tons of other watches for crazy low prices. They even have my "when I make it big" dream watch for 30% off."

" and which watch is that?" I said amused.

"The Cartier Santos 100 with a 18k brushed gold case," his voice took on a detached quality as though he was a million miles away on some Venetian
veranda.

"But I will never give up my Raymond Weil Sports Watch. It has become part of me. Who I am? You understand?"

"Yes!" I said. "I understand very well."